When people talk about bathroom renovations bathroom tiles San Jose will never be out of the talk. This is because tiles, in general, provide many benefits to your bathroom floors compared to other materials like wood and cement. It is not just because tiles are aesthetically good for your bathroom, but they are also durable and strong against the wet floor area of your bathroom.
Bathroom tiles come in a variety, and the three top-most tiles that are always on the list are porcelain, ceramic, and vinyl. These three are the most favorite for a reason: they are super practical to choose from. Although this is right, there are still many options you can choose from.
1. Porcelain and ceramic tiles – these two are very prominent because they can be used in different styles you want. Do you want a wood or stone-looking tiled floor? How about a colorful and patterned-tile floor? All of these can be achieved when you use porcelain and ceramic materials. Although they are a good choice because they require easy maintenance, they are not that comfortable on your feet. Besides this, they can also be difficult to install unlike the vinyl, and can only resist wear and tear when they are high-grade glazed.
2. Vinyl -vinyl, compared to ceramic and porcelain, is durable, aesthetic, affordable, and practical. They can resist wear and tear while still looking good. They are also easy to install.
3. Stone – tiles can also be made of stone such as granite, marble, slate, and limestone. They can also be available in different colors and styles. They can be sanded, tumbled, and clefted. When it comes to maintenance, regular sealing and cleaning will do the job to avoid fast wearing and tearing of the material. When it comes to the price, it is more expensive than the ceramic and porcelain tiles which look similar to the stone tiles.
4. Linoleum floor tiles – these tiles are made of cork powder, linseed oil, ground limestone, wood flour, and color pigments, and they can be very beneficial to any homeowner. It is said that they look great and are easy to install. They are also acclaimed to be able to inhibit the growth of microorganisms and are good when it comes to repelling dirt and dust. However, the only con of this material is that it is relatively expensive compared with other materials.
5. Glass – yes, glass tiles are now a thing for your bathroom floor. Aesthetically, glass tiles do have a lot of pros. When you install glass tiles, they can create an illusion of depth to your bathroom floor, which makes it more attractive. Also, they can be tinted so you can achieve that colorful-looking glass-tiled bathroom floor. The only thing you need to be looking forward to is to choose tiles that have a lot of grout joints to make them resistant to slips.
There are still a lot of alternatives when we talk about tiling your bathroom floor, and what we gave you are just a few on the list. We do hope we helped you in deciding which tiles to choose next time you have a bathroom renovation!